Friday, August 2, 2013

Welcome Team Fumi!

Happy Aloha Friday Everyone!!
So what did you think of our line-up for Team Yumi? Pretty cool yea? We're pretty excited and we're also excited to announce the players on Team Fumi.
Before I do that I'd like to share a little bit more on the new team formats: 
Each team will post every other week. 
Sunday: Every other Sunday, Team Yumi will announce the new challenge and the following Sunday, Team Fumi will share a reminder about the challenge. 
Tuesday: Are slotted for our Guest Designers
Thursdays: Slotted for one of our designers to share something fun (a tutorial, a technique, case a project or use an older image, aka Throwback image).  If you'd like to see something specific, like you saw something on someone's project and you'd love to know how they did it, just leave a message in the comments section and we'll do our very best to create a post based on it.
Fridays: Featured Friday picks from the web.
Saturday: Every other Saturday we will announce the winner and top 3 of the current challenge 
As you can see we're planning something fun for most of the week so the only thing you can do is make sure you stop by to see what we're up to.  :)  Okie dokes, who's ready to meet the next team?  `Cause I'm ready to spill the beans..  (hehe) 
CONGRATULATIONS & WELCOME TO THE OHANA...

Badge created by Renate' Winter
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Please welcome back
(2013) Senior Designer, Denice Bartucci

 "I'm a midwestern gal who finds a lot of the inspiration for my projects come from my family, which consists of "Papa Bear" and our 4 fab kiddos....they are my never-ending source of support and my biggest/bestest critics. I've been stamping and scrapbooking for almost 15 years and am passionate about both crafts. I could talk endlessly about all the latest embellies and techniques, and find the internet to be an endless source of new projects to try. I'm looking forward to fun and creating with Y&FH!"
Fun fact: I LOVE going to the movies...action, horror, romance, Pixar...I LOVE them all.  
Must have crafty tool: ATG Glue Gun
 My craft style: Ever Evolving
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Kathy Dinh (2013)

Hi! My name is Kathy and I am addicted to crafting ever since I was introduced to Stampin' Up that led me to this awesome crafting journey. I am blessed to have great friends to share this passion with and continue to be inspired by all of you through blogland =D

Fun fact:  Hmm...I would have to say that I learned how to knit when I was in middle school which is pretty random...LOL
My must have crafty tool: The Cuttlebug!
My craft style: My crafting style is mainly cards and projects.
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Melissa Oeters (2013)
Hi, I'm MelissaO.  I am a stay at home mom to 4 wonderful kids, and I also do volunteer work for a few animal rescues.  I've been into paper arts, in one way or another, for 18 years but it seems my very favorite thing is coloring!  I love working with my Copic markers bringing life to stamped images.  I'm super excited to be designing for Yumi & Fumi and hope I can inspire you to create as well.
Fun Fact:  I am addicted to Converse Chucks. I have a collection of bright colored and patterned ones.  As far as which pair to wear, I choose the shoes to match my mood .
My must have crafty tool:  Extreme Tac from GlueArts
My Crafty Style:  Whimsical and somewhat simple
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Blankina (2013)
I was born in the Netherlands in 1969 and grew up in a lovely small town with my parents and sister. Have always been crafty, as a kid I loved to draw. After my commercial studies I went abroad, I have worked in England, Germany and finally ended up in Italy in '96. Speak four languages Dutch, English, German and Italian. Now I live in the country side outside Rome and I am SAHM of twins and wife to a patient husband. Love to make cards and can spend hours in my craft room. Opening my blog has opened a new world to me in all senses. I have met the most wonderful crafty people around the world which have inspired me...

Fun fact: I am very precise but messy. Does it sounds strange??
I cannot send a photo of my craft room...seems like a hurricane just passed.
But I know to find every bit I need and in this way I feel more inspired.
Being creative is not a hobby it is a way of life, I have pinned this onto quotes board.
My must have crafty tool:  Crafty tool my little green Cuttlebug, I love to cut dies...and have collected a lot during the years.
But a life without my sweet stamps and Copics seems impossible..
My craft style? I like a lot of different styles, CAS, Vintage, Monochrome, Romantic.. you name it.  Guess I love to match colours and bits. 
 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Sheena Brooks (2013)
I am a federal civil servant, working in Canada's capital for more than two decades. As a database administrator by day, I am proud to say I am a life-long computer geek.
Paper-crafting is one of the many hobbies in which I partake to relax from the stresses of my career (I spend half of my life on-call). I also enjoy quilting, gardening, reading and cooking up a storm in my kitchen. I feel quite lucky that my dearly beloved is more than happy to let me reign over the kitchen and understands the need for "craft room time". Our entire basement is devoted to his wood-working hobby and our office walls are filled with his guitar collection! I can't forget to mention our two feline fur-babies - Packet & Newton. They definitely keep me on my toes and try to distract me from my craft room with their need for cuddles! I am very excited to be a part of the Yumi & Fumi Handmade Challenge Team and look forward to sharing my creations.
Fun fact: I was born and raised on an island but, despite living just a couple of minutes walk from the ocean, I can not swim!
My must have crafty tool: My bright pink Scotch ATG Gun! It never goes missing on my messy craft desk.
My craft style: Clean and Simple is the way I usually go with the occasional button, flower or ribbon for a bit of an accent.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
Audrey Ernst (2013)
 I am Audrey E. and you can find my blog at http://hippieaud.blogspot.com  I am a SAHM of 4 children, ages 8-14.  I have been crafting in some form or another pretty much all my 40+ years with the past 7 focused almost exclusively on making cards and other paper craft items.  I am super excited to be joining the Yumi and Fumi Handmade challenge team and I can't wait to share my creations using their adorable stamps!!
 Fun fact: I always wear tie-dye - usually it's a tie dye tank, but sometimes a skirt, regardless, I am always wearing at least 1 article of clothing that is tie-dye.
My must have crafty tool: My Big Shot - I use it on pretty much everything I make whether it's to cut something or emboss something.
My craft style: I am not really sure if there's a name for my craft style - haphazard maybe?!?  LOL  I tend to use lots of bright colors and I pretty much color all my images with Copics.  I also typically have an image of a person as the focus of my cards.

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
There you have it.  Our team is complete!  Hooray!!
Team Fumi will be off for one more week, prepping for their debut on Sunday, Aug 11th.  You can wait a little while longer right?  (hehehe) 
I'm excited all over again! (hahaha)
 Don't forget to give these talented ladies a big welcome and send them some love.  We can't wait to see all the projects and creativity from Team Fumi. 
Welcome to the ohana ladies, we're really excited that you're here!
 Come back on Sunday when Team Yumi announces CHALLENGE #21. 
Mahalo for stopping by today!! 
Have a terrific weekend!!
♥♥♥,
Leanne, Renate' & Zach

5 comments:

CarlavdM said...

Hello ladies of team Fumi.
I wish you toooo a lot of crafting fun and hope to see what you've been cooking up for us ;o)

kanatanewf said...

Thanks for the warm welcome! Definitely looking forward to being a part of what I know is a very talented team.

Denice said...

Welcome Team Fum!!!!

RiNNE said...

Welcome, ladies!! Looking forward to getting to know you and working with you, Team Fumi!

cebelica said...

Hi ladies! :)